Since 1987, Take Charge America has been committed to helping people improve their financial futures. That includes assisting more than eleven thousand clients buy their first homes or stay in their current homes.
Our HUD approved housing counselors offer services to help you close loans more quickly and help your clients get into the homes of their dreams. Take a look at all the housing services we can offer your clients.
- Foreclosure Prevention Programs
The State of Arizona provides up to $100,000 in funds to reduce principal, pay monthly mortgage bills, bring the mortgage current or even eliminate a second mortgage. Take Charge America’s housing counselors can review your clients’ information to find out if they qualify for these funds.
Our housing counseling services are FREE and convenient. Your clients can choose in-person or phone counseling appointments to discuss their needs and which programs are available to help them.
- Monthly Mortgage Payment Assistance – up to $2000 per month for 24 months
- Reinstatement – bringing loan back to good standing up to $48,000
- Principal Reductions – reducing principal by up to $100,000
- Second Mortgage Repayment – up to $75,000
- Loan Modifications – up to $75,000
- Short Sale Assistance – up to $4,500 in transition assistance
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Take Charge America is HUD-approved to provide counseling for reverse mortgage candidates. Our phone counseling sessions are very convenient; the required counseling can be completed without any travel. In addition, our efficient processes ensure that your clients receive the counseling they need in a timely manner.
Phone counseling is available for clients who would prefer not to travel.
- HUD-approved, required counseling
- Over the phone or in-person sessions
- Nominal fee of $150
- Pre-Purchase Course
This online course is available to take at any time. Completing this course is a requirement for qualifying for down-payment assistance like the Home in 5 or HOME Plus program. Upon completion, a certificate is issued as verification. Take Charge America makes it easy to complete this requirement because this online course can be started and stopped as necessary to work with busy schedules.
- HUD-approved course completed in 8 hours
- Required for down-payment assistance
- Low, $100 course fee
- Back-to-Work Counseling
In order to qualify for the Back to Work program, clients must have had at least one year of steady employment after a foreclosure. Applicants are required to complete a counseling session with a HUD-approved housing counseling agency, such as Take Charge America. For a nominal counseling session fee of $100, clients can receive the following benefits:
- Phone or face-to-face counseling available
- 1 hour one-on-one counseling session
- The required counseling to qualify
- Decreased wait time for qualifying from 5 years to 1
Our certified credit counselors are here to help your clients regain control, establish a workable budget and attain the tools and knowledge to reach their financial goals. Credit counseling is a FREE service from Take Charge America.
- One-on-one counseling available nationwide
- Personalized budget, credit report review and action plan
- Customized credit card debt repayment plan
- Initial session is FREE
Student Loan Counseling
Our student loan debt counselors undergo extensive training to ensure clients receive the highest-quality service and student loan repayment assistance. Our unbiased advice is designed to help clients pay off their debt and achieve greater financial health. We help them determine which repayment option is best for their situation and if they qualify for any federal assistance programs.
- One-on-one counseling available nationwide
- Budget review, credit report review and action plan
- Customized federal loan repayment plan
- One-time $249 fee
The TCA Difference
Take Charge America is a nonprofit committed to helping people create financial wellness through education and support. We have a wide range of services to meet people’s financial wellness needs. Our counselors are highly-trained and compassionate. They offer phone or in-person counseling sessions, and because our mission is financial education, many of our services are free.
- Nationwide counseling services
- Highly-educated and caring counselors
- Se habla español
- Reasonable fees
- Fast turnaround
We Support You with the Help of Our Community Partners
Call 1-866-987-2008 to speak with a certified housing counselor. We are here Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Arizona Standard Time, to answer your questions and explore your options.